[linuxtools-dev] Re: Linux-only features

* Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@xxxxxxxxxx> [2010-04-13 16:29]:
> Libhover and ChangeLog are OS-independent.

Okay, thanks.

> Autotools is a bit trickier.  It should work where there the
> autotool and sh command exists (the Unix OSes plus Windows when
> Cygwin or MingW is set up).  Do we want to restrict it and wait for
> users to complain? My preference would be documenting as officially
> unsupported with a caveat that it should work.

My concern is user expectations.  If we just leave it in there for all
OSes, people will assume it's been well-tested on all OSes.  I'm
inclined to restrict it to Linux-only for now and request testing on
other operating systems.  I'm willing to be swayed in opinion if Jeff or
someone else has strong feelings.

Andrew

Back to the top