[linuxtools-dev] Announcing Linux Tools 0.4.0

The Eclipse Linux Tools team is proud to announce our 0.4.0 release.  This
release is compatible with the Galileo releases of the Eclipse SDK (version
3.5.x) and CDT (version 6.0.x).  It is available now from our update site:

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update

Installation instructions are available:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/PluginInstallHelp

101 bugs [1] were closed as part of this release including bug fixes and new
features.  Highlights include:

- the first release of our SystemTap-powered C/C++ call graph functionality
- GProf integration courtesy of Xavier Raynaud of ST Microelectronics
- improvements to the scripts to build the Eclipse SDK and run the SDK
  tests
- a largely re-written GNU Autotools feature which more cleanly integrates with
  the CDT

The full list of highlights can be see on our new and noteworthy page [2].
That page also contains a list of community contributions to our 0.4 release
from the following excellent individuals:  Benjamin Drung, Matthias Klose,
Niels Thykier, Marvin Schmidt, Nick Boldt, Jens Seidel, Andrew Gvozdev, and
PurpleFloyd.  Thanks to all for their hard work and contributions.

Committers participating in this release include:

 Elliott Baron
 Roland Grunberg
 Jeff Johnston
 Alex Kurtakov
 Andrew Overholt
 Xavier Raynaud
 Charley Wang

Thanks to everyone and looking forward to 0.5,

Andrew

[1]
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Technology&product=Linux+Tools&target_milestone=0.4&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0

[2]
http://eclipse.org/linuxtools/new

Back to the top