[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [linuxtools-dev] System-installed dependencies
- From: Matt Whitlock <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:11:27 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:from:to:subject:date :user-agent:references:in-reply-to:x-face:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:message-id; bh=u25lTJWWG290sTr7LGRxpfMyxggZpSLnp0eg82DD4Fc=; b=eFSQtuobWqFn6ZViIhvQrtG9SElBoPcDaZIO+3QL1wMN1mMQKHlsARzIMlkZ9b9szp Q27Gym973cWjdLyw7J2WjL18D4/YeF/CG8+Lg0wpSzHQyxcx5V0EkWwoG79tdbefPfNf rtq9418/c0/dIV0VWWlPKCoNLCvvZi4U4H4ZA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:from:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to :x-face:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :message-id; b=Ulg1mFs1Is/f9LOIsB+1Wq/cL26py2KvxL8pimYR6MQwx0fJgeoCX3s0vjj4d9Iows AQWBZvjjkRgsunKD9fyhQCBZrBRZi6xgSrvDB8LyRIKcRa0nmfB8aCPwmZmd21W48YKO YYEcaSYKbQcMB1BrYZ8Zt9EQMnj2fwY8GCrS8=
- User-agent: KMail/1.12.3 (Linux/2.6.30-gentoo-r5; KDE/4.3.3; x86_64; ; )
Because the external JARs are maintained by other Gentoo developers, and I can't feasibly modify those ebuilds, and convincing all of those maintainers to add OSGi metadata to the JARs that their builds produce would be a major PITA, not to mention everyone would have to rebuild all those ebuilds just to add a little piece of metadata to each. External bundle-classpath entries are claimed to be an alternative (I read it somewhere in the Eclipse documentation).
Until and unless we can succeed in unbundling these JARs, Eclipse is not going to be accepted into the main Gentoo Portage tree, and that's ultimately my goal. (I'm sick of wasting tens of hours trying to hack the Eclipse build into being built-from-source friendly.)
On Thursday, 12 November 2009, at 4:45:29 pm, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * Matt Whitlock <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-11-12 16:31]:
> > Do you see anything wrong with this? I'm at my wits end trying to
> > make Eclipse behave on Gentoo.
> I have never played with external bundle classpaths. Other than it
> being ugly, what's wrong with injecting the OSGi data into the external
> JAR and symlinking?
> linuxtools-dev mailing list