[linuxtools-dev] System-installed dependencies

Andrew (and anyone else),

You've mentioned before that overwriting dependency JARs with symlinks to system-installed copies should work.  I've tried doing this, and although Eclipse starts up alright, no user-installed features will start.  Strangely enough, they show up in P2's "Installed Software" tab but not in the "Features" or "Plug-ins" tabs.  The old update manager lists the features, but they all have red X's on them, and when I click "Show Properties" on one of them (Subclipse in this case), in the "Status" page I see:

No plug-in: "org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.doc" included at runtime.

What do these cryptic error messages mean?  The JARs are definitely there on my disk.  Why aren't they loading?

Thanks for your insight.

-Matt

Back to the top