Von: linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx im Auftrag von Francois Chouinard
Gesendet: Di 03.11.2009 16:55
An: Linux Tools developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [linuxtools-dev] TmfEventContent data storage

Hi,

I'm just back from vacation and this happens to be on the top of my to-do list :-)

What we are working on is the following:

[1] Get rid of TmfEventFormat
- move the parse() method to TmfEventContent
- move the getLabels() to TmfEventType

[2] TmfEventContent
- store the value as an Object
- getContent() would return the object (no string)
- add a toString() - just in case...
- store the TmfEventFields in a Map<String, TmfEventField> where String is the field label
- keep an ordered list of the TmfEventField (from TmfEventFormat.getLabels())
- add a reference to the parent TmfEvent
- parse() would support lazy (or late/on demand) parsing

[3] TmfEventField
- add a reference to the parent TmfEventContent
- add a field ID for late parsing

I'm hoping to have a patch by the end of the day. Would you be interested in giving it a try and give us your opinion?

Regards,
/fc

Back to the top