Re: [linuxtools-dev] eclipse build dependencies / how to keep track with OSGi meta information

> Looking at the fedora packaging for various eclipse build dependencies, the
> OSGi information is made available as a source, with some comments about
> the origin. However in most cases the URLs aren't valid anymore. Is there a
> simpler way to track the "sources" for these?
Usually we are extracting the OSGi information from the bundles provided by
Orbit project (e. g.
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20090529135407/) and
include it in the distribution provided jars.

> is there a list of packages which are needed as build requirements for
> eclipse (such that the packages from a distribution can be used, and not
> the ones included with eclipse)?
You should look at the BuildRequires in Fedora's spec file. I hope that we will
have some documentation and may help scripts for this in eclipse-build but
it's not smth I'm going to work on soon.

Regards,
Alex