Re: [linux-distros-dev] Eclipse 3.8-4.6.3

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 11:39:32 -0400
Josh Blagden <jfblagden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was checking the repositories for Eclipse, and I was surprised to find
> that even Debian Testing still has Eclipse version 3.8. Why hasn't it
> moved onto the current version, 4.6.3? I thought Testing was supposed to
> have newer software.

I'm not affiliated with Debian but it's probably because they have
strict rules about building everything from source and I gather that
recent versions of Eclipse are extremely difficult to build from
source.

Back to the top