[linux-distros-dev] Re: Java D-Bus OSGi

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  More information inline below.

* Matthew Johnson <dbus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-04-06 11:14]:
> On Mon Apr 06 10:18, Andrew Overholt wrote:
>
> > As an eclipse.org project, in order for us to make use of Java D-Bus it
> > has to be a part of the Eclipse Orbit project.  Orbit is basically just
> > a collection of "OSGi-ified" JARs that have been cleared be Eclipse
> > legal for use by eclipse.org projects.  In an ideal world the upstream
> > project -- you, in this case -- would ship with OSGi metadata itself so
> > Orbit wouldn't have to create potentially incorrect OSGi information.
> > Have you ever considered adding OSGi metadata to your MANIFEST.MF
> > file(s)?
>
> Actually, you're not the the only person to have emailed me about this.
> Assuming it's just adding manifest entries then sure, that can certainly
> be done, particularly if it'll help other people. You'll have to give me
> the details though, I've not used it before.

Here's a bit of information:

http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/bundle_manifest.html

Basically it's a matter of deciding which packages are visible and which
aren't and doing proper versioning, etc.

> > (Of course, as an eclipse.org project we will still need to
> > get Java D-Bus cleared by legal but that's technically irrelevant :)
>
> Please tell me if you have any issues, I may well be happy to change the
> licence a bit assuming it's a reasonable request.

Thanks, I will let you know.

Andrew

Back to the top