Re: [linux-distros-dev] Extended Eclipse IDE for Linux development on remote and local target

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 06:57 -0500, Dominique Toupin wrote:
> In an effort to maximize the development effort of Eclipse committers, a
> meeting was held with project leads from various Eclipse projects to
> define a central place in Eclipse for Linux developer tools.

Thanks for summarizing, Dominique.

> The Linux Distros Project will be re-branded as the Linux Tools project
> and will provide the following features in 2009.

As I said in a recent blog entry [1], even though we have re-branded a
bit to give a better focus to the tools side of things, we're not
abandoning the distribution issues.  When we started the project we
thought it could be a place for both distribution collaboration *and*
tools.  As there's presently more interest in the tools side of things,
we thought emphasizing that aspect of the project would help.  We
originally wanted the project to be the "Linux Distros/Linux Tools"
project but that was too long :)

> At EclipseCon the BOF "Linux Extended IDE - Linux Tracing" will be
> available to further discuss this:
> https://www.eclipsecon.org/submissions/2009/view_talk.php?id=793

I'm looking forward to this.

We've really got some good momentum going now and I am excited to keep
it up and see what we can accomplish.

Andrew

Back to the top