Re: [linux-distros-dev] Release procedure

Nathan Summers wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

We should probably have a release procedure.  My thoughts are basically:

- when we're satisfied that the latest build on a branch is good, we
 should tag that branch and also replace ".qualifier" with an actual
 tag and update the map file for that release (tagging it as well)

If you mean replacing .qualifier in the MANIFEST itself, doesn't PDE
have a mechanism to do that at build time from
pluginVersions.properties (which in turn gets it from the tag in the
map file)?

You are correct. What I mean is hard-coding the qualifier once we're ready to cut the release since at this point, we're not tagging SVN with each build.

Andrew

Back to the top