[linux-distros-dev] Re: icu4j_3.8.1-1_i386.changes is NEW

* Andreas Tille <tillea@xxxxxx> [2008-12-16 05:32]:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Pantelis Koukousoulas wrote:
>
>>> So we should find out the latest version number of icu4j that would be
>>> usable for Eclipse.  I rewrote the watch file to detect any new version
>>> even if a major version change happened (which was not the case before)
>>> - but I have to relay on your knowledge packaging which version makes
>>> really sense.
>>
>> Well, the only thing I know for sure is that 3.8.1 works, since this
>> is what Fedora uses.

I just made sure that the version that is in the Eclipse Orbit project
[1] which is consumed by the Eclipse SDK is the one we have in our icu4j
package.  I found the tag in the icu4j repository that corresponds to
the build used by Orbit.  We have an icu4j-eclipse sub-package that
contains the OSGi-ified JAR and the Eclipse feature.

HTH,

Andrew

[1]
The Orbit project is the project that provides OSGi-ified JARs
("bundles") of 3rd party projects for use in Eclipse projects.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.orbit/?root=Tools_Project

Back to the top