Re: [linux-distros-dev] Top-level feature and builds

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the thoughts.

* Nick Boldt <nickboldt@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-10-29 23:51]:
> Case 1:
>
> Project is composed of independent components/subprojects, and the leads for
> those projects work independently, with little cross-project dependency or
> coordination. Subprojects do not follow a strict release cycle (eg., one I
> build every week, one milestone every 4-6 weeks, one Release in June w/ two
> followup Maintenance releases).

This is probably closest to what happens, but we aren't as independent
as some other projects with sub-projects.

> Case 2:
>
> Project is composed of depdendent components which will be shipped together
> (eg., EMF + XSD + SDO, JET + JET Editor, Draw2D + GEF + Zest).

We have some inter-dependencies but not too many.

Since we're a small project, I think a single update site is easiest.  I
don't think any of our sub-projects would mind being release together.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Andrew

Back to the top