[linux-distros-dev] Default update sites in shared install

Hi guys,

This is my first post to this list. Although I am not officially a
Gentoo developer, I have done most of the recent work with Eclipse and
its plugins on Gentoo.

Thanks to the scripts in Fedora CVS, I was able to get P2 working in
our build so thanks for that. One issue I'm facing is the fact that
the default list of update sites appears blank when running in shared
install mode. If I make the installation writable, they magically
appear. I have found the same to be true if I use the stock binary
tarball so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with our build but
the users expect these update sites to be there. Have you guys found a
way around this and if so, how? I thought enabling cascading
configuration might help but it had no effect.

Regards,
James

Back to the top