[linux-distros-dev] Gentoo packager / maintainer for Eclipse

Hello, I am a relatively new Gentoo developer on the Java team (since January 2008). My main role / current interest right now is packaging Eclipse for Gentoo.

Most of my work so far has been providing support for OSGi packages in order to use our own system jars instead of the Eclipse bundled one. This has leaded to an unstable version of Eclipse Europa to be added to our tree.

However, it is really time I establish a good working relationship with upstream. Currently I have just been asking random questions on the IRC channel or the Eclipse newsgroups, but that is not sufficient (although so far on the newsgroup most of the time I have received high quality replies from knowledgeable people).

So I suscribed to this list in the hope that people familiar with Eclipse packaging and releng can help me. Currently I am trying to resolve Gentoo specific bugs (that happen due to our packaging), and do need help.

In particular, my last post on the forums,

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=74374&group=eclipse.platform#74374

has not been answered so far, so any help is appreciated.

Jean-Noel Rivasseau

PS: I do not have a very big role in Gentoo right now, nor has the time to commit more time to it, but I do intend to correctly maintain Eclipse and package new versions in a short time. Before I came on board, Eclipse was unmaintained which led to a wait of 6 or 7 monthes before Europa appeared on Gentoo. I don't want the same to happen with Ganymede.

Back to the top