Re: [linux-distros-dev] Changelog plugin

Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi Phil,

* Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@xxxxxxxxxx> [2007-11-16 18:22]:
Somewhat odd timing, but after a long hiatus from the Changelog plug-in I've decided to work on it on a semi-active role. I've been working on the the Frysk project for quite some time, but every programmer needs another hobby sub-project.

Awesome!

So I wish to propose a formatter rewrite and a rehash of the rules associated with this. Before I do so, are there any specific formats to take in mind?

We're using the extension point in the specfile editor.  It's in
linuxtools SVN as well.

Andrew

That's pretty awesome, and glad to see it. I'll take a look at the specfile editor and look at usage there. I made the (wrong) assumption, that all formatter extensions would be bundled with the Changelog plugin. Of course that is wrong-headed thinking, extensions can be anywhere. Give me a lot of food for thought in reworking stuff.

I'll also take a look at the SVN stuff as well. I was not sure if extension points have an ABI of sorts, but as there are other consumer then I guess they do ;)

Regards

Phil

Back to the top