[linux-distros-dev] Native eclipse / gcj-compiled

There are sites on the net about a "native eclipse" project, e.g. eclipse
compiled to machine-code. All the sites are from 2004/2005 and about a
project done by Red Hat.

Is somebody still working on this project? For the moment I consider Eclipse
unusable on a 2GHz, 1.5 GB Debian machine as it is too slow. (Yes I'm using
SUN-Java.)

Wouldn't it become much faster if it would be compiled? Is there a How-to for
compiling my own eclipse from source with gcj?

Best regards,

Thomas Koch

Back to the top