Re: [linux-distros-dev] auto-provides and requires for OSGi packages

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 20:13 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2007-28-03 at 13:45 +0900, Ben Konrath wrote:
> > * add the OSGi bundle from Orbit as an additional source to the rpm
> > * build the jar like normal
> > * extract and inject the OSGi Manifest to the original jar
>
> I think this is the only practical approach, but you should probably
> discuss it with others like Deepak or Fernando.

Ok, I'll send a message to Deepak and Fernando before I commit the patch
to the jsch rpm.

> Ideally upstream would
> include this data so it'd be great if we could ask the various package
> maintainers to speak with their upstream counterparts about the
> situation.

I think this should be a task that the Orbit project undertakes.  Also
there may be a disagreement between what the upstream project wants in
the manifest and what an Eclipse project wants in the manifest. I don't
think we would be in a position to mediate such a disagreement. I
release this might not actually be a problem, but we aren't in a
position to

Back to the top