RE: [linux-distros-dev] PHPeclipse 1.1.8 rpm

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 08:09 -0700, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
> Ben:
> Very nice!
>
> >* a patch to make it work with Eclipse 3.2
>
> Do you mind if I apply it to the phpeclipse CVS tree?
> I was planning to work on that :-P

Actually, I got the patch from CVS HEAD :)

> I assume you worked from HEAD, since there was an oversight of tagging
> the 1.1.8 version... I'll do it before patching.

No, the source tarball is as close as I could get to 1.1.8. There's a
script in the srpm that makes the source tarball from a combination of
CVS on the date that 1.1.8 was released, the src zips in the source
release and the non-binary parts of the binary release (e.g.
feature.xml, plugin.xml, etc).

> I may be able to get something for the two linux patches too, so you
> would not have to maintain them.

I'm not sure that's a good idea because I didn't make the patches with
the intention of them working with non-linux systems. Specifically, I
just blindly removed the win32 help stuff and the XAMPP stuff. IMO it's
not worth the effort to make these patches work with linux and non-linux
systems.

Cheers, Ben

Back to the top