[linux-distros-dev] Linux World SF Participation

All,

Ian has discussed with me the intention of Eclipse for Linux World SF
this summer and some possibilities for our project.  It takes place
August 14-17 this year, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.

Essentially, Eclipse is planning on hosting a booth in the open source
pavilion there.  Ian would like to showcase our project there (among
others).  I think this is a great opportunity for our project to let the
Linux community know what we are doing with Eclipse and get people
interested.

We also talked of hosting a BoF session there which I also think would
be a good idea.  Ian said that possibly the foundation could provide
some financial assistance to us for the BoF, for example, to provide
snacks or something similar.

Unfortunately, we are past the deadline for submitting a session so I
don't think we'll be able to do that this year.  Maybe for the one in
New York in February.

If you guys think the BoF would be a good idea, I will see what I can do
to arrange this beforehand.  There is a possibility that I can be at
Linux World, but I have to leave by midday on August 16.  If our
commitments (either to the booth or to the BoF) are not prior to this
time, I won't be available to assist.

I can probably find some others from Novell that can provide some
assistance in this effort, maybe even from my own team.

I'm also wondering a) what level of interest our project has in these
opportunities and b) who on the project is planning on being at this
conference.  If you are planning on going and could help with either
staffing the booth or with the BoF, please let me know.  I want to be
sure we seize these opportunities, if we want them and if we can fulfill
the commitments.

--
Matt Ryan
Senior Software Engineer