Re: [linux-distros-dev] packaging eclipse 3.2

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 13:09 -0400, Joshua Nichols wrote:
> I'm working on the 3.2RC* release for the Gentoo side of things. Thanks
> for sharing the work you've done. I'm currently looking into applying
> your patches to our build. My work can be found at:
>
> http://www.gentooexperimental.org/svn/java/migration-packages/dev-util/eclipse-sdk/
>
> Although it probably goes without saying, but I think it'd be in our
> best interest to get as many of the patches pushed upstream as possible.

Yeah, I honestly tried to get a couple of them upstream during the 3.2
development phase, but people seemed too busy to review patches. One of
my goals for 3.3 is to get a bunch of these patches upsteam. We'll see
how busy people are.

Also, there are some patches that will not be accepted upstream for
various reasons. I'm going to categorize the patches into two groups so
that it's clear which patches need some love.

Thanks, Ben

Back to the top