Re: [linux-distros-dev] Eclipse-ecj dependency in jpackage tomcat55

* Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-23 11:11]:
> Hi Dean,
>
> * Dean Spaccavento <dean.spaccavento@xxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-22 19:42]:
> >
> > It would certainly be possible to build the eclipse packages in
> > several runs, conditionally changing the arch between runs.
>
> I understand the problem but I don't like this solution.  I prefer to wait
> for eclipse.org to release a standalone JDT/Core (ecj).  It appears ([1],
> [2]) that this is now happening so now we should just look into building
> this from source and creating packages.

I should note that this is only happening for 3.2 and beyond.  Once we work
out how to do it for 3.2, we should perhaps back-port this work to 3.1.2
for the 1.5-challenged distros (ie. most if I'm not mistaken ;) .  Yes,
yes, we could ship a 3.2 ecj with a 3.1.2 SDK but that seems wrong.

Andrew