RE: [laszlo-dev] Error when root element of included file extends view]

Andrew Swan:

My project looks  like this:

canvas.lzx:

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8" ?>
< canvas >
    < include href = "" />
</ canvas >

content.lzx:
<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8" ?>
< vbox />

When I  save the "content.lzx" file in the Laszlo IDE, I get an error dialog saying  "Save Failed:unexpected root element: vbox". If I click OK, the dialog goes away  and the file seems to have been saved anyway. The app seems to run OK  too.

If I  change "content.lzx" to have <view/> as the root element, I don't get the  error. It violates the Liskov Substitution Principle that you can have a view as  the root but not a vbox, which is a subclass of view. Is this a bug in the  IDE or a quirk of OpenLaszlo itself? It's only a minor annoyance, but it would  be good to have it resolved.

Eclipse reports this error when I try to replicate:
context.lzx cannot be resolved or is not a field

Does this help at all?

--
Frisco Del Rosario
Tester, OpenLaszlo and IDE4Laszlo