[kura-dev] mandatory MQTT username/password?

Hi,

Is there a reason why the MqttDataTransport must be given a username and password? While this has not given me any trouble in the past since most "unsecure" brokers would just ignore the given credentials, I have troubles connecting to AWS IOT since the dummy username/password actually does cause an authentication issue :(

FWIW I am happy to propose a patch if you think it's worth fixing.

Thanks
Benjamin –

Benjamin Cabé

Eclipse Foundation