Re: [kura-dev] Yocto / embedded Linux and Android support

Somehow related to this, I wonder if we could use Yocto to have RPi and BBB distros in the form of filesystem images ready to be flashed on an SD card? It would most likely not be possible to host such images on eclipse.org, but it would still be pretty useful to provide such images elsewhere. Has anyone in the Kura community worked on doing something similar?

Benjamin –

De : "Woodard, David" <David.Woodard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date : mercredi 26 novembre 2014 01:00
Objet : Re: [kura-dev] Yocto / embedded Linux and Android support

Hi Kevin,

We use Kura on Yocto frequently with our internal projects. You are correct, the file system is generally the biggest difference. I did a brief write up here [1] on adding a new hardware target to Kura. You can also take a look at this file [2] to see an example of how Kura switches between file system types (search for keyword OS_VERSION). As long as you build Yocto with support for Java and the utilities Kura needs, you shouldn’t have problems.

I haven’t heard of anyone successfully running Kura on Android as of yet, but it is certainly a good idea. I am happy to help as much as I can as this would be a wonderful addition to Kura.

Thanks,
—Dave