Re: [kura-dev] remote debugging on the target Raspberry

+1! :-)

Le 29 oct. 2014 à 18:39, Carrer, Marco <marco.carrer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Great tutorial Dave!

Shall we put into an article in the doc under 'Remote Debugging Applications’?

Thanks.
-Marco

On Oct 29, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Woodard, David <David.Woodard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi John,

This feature hasn’t been tested/documented very well yet, but it is built into Kura. I just tried it with my Raspberry and it works. Try following these steps.

1. On the RPi, you will find a bin directory in the install directory (default: /opt/eclipse/kura/bin). From here, issue the commands:

// Make sure to stop running instance
sudo /etc/init.d/kura stop

// Start Kura with JDWP
sudo ./start_kura_debug.sh

This will start Kura and drop you into an OSGi console. It will also start listening for socket connections on port 8000.

2. You will need to open port 8000 in your firewall. If you have the web UI installed you can do this through the firewall tab. If you don’t have the UI you can use iptables.
3. Install your application bundle on the RPi.
4. From eclipse, set a breakpoint in your application that you know will be reached (ex: activation method, common logging statement, etc.). Then:

Go to "Run -> Debug Configurations…”
Select “Remote Java Application” and click the “New launch configuration” button
For “Project:”, select the bundle project you wish to debug
For “Connection Type:”, select the default “Standard (Socket Attach)”
For “Connection Properties:”, enter the IP address of your RPi and the port (should be 8000 unless you edit the script)
Click Debug

This will connect to the RPi VM. I had to manually select the Debug perspective to see my breakpoints being hit.

5. When done, make sure to select the “Disconnect” button from the Debug perspective.

Let me know if I need to explain any of the steps in more detail.

Thanks,
—Dave