[kura-dev] ConnectionFactory service interface never found

Dear all,

we're in the process of migrating our codebase from ESF to Kura. The transition was mostly painless, but we ran into one issue. We cannot get a reference to the ConnectionFactory so we can access the serial port. It doesn't work in our code but also not in the serial publisher kura example. Our current code base used the Kura Workspace 1.0 download from the home page.

More specifically, in the component xml description we request a reference to the ConnectionFactory via:
<reference bind="setConnectionFactory" cardinality="1..1" interface="org.osgi.service.io.ConnectionFactory" name="ConnectionFactory" policy="static" unbind="unsetConnectionFactory"/>

But the service never gets started by the OSGi framework. If I remove the reference statement, the service is started but setConnectionFactory never gets called.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and all the best,
John

John Read
Tel: +49-89-454590-34