[jwt-dev] Execute a Process in a Workflow Editor View

Hello,

I discovered JWT a few weeks ago (I tried the examples provided) and I'm very interested to use it in the context of a particular project.

My need is, from a provided "Workflow Process", to execute this Process in a "almost read-only" graphical view of the Workflow Editor, in which:

1) The user can see the entire Workflow.

2) The user can execute any Action (i.e launching the Application linked to this Action, by double clicking the Action or via contextual menu):
    If the Action was successful, it is marked "OK " (green flag for example) automatically or manually by the user.
    We can imagine that this Action status is an Output Data linked to this Action.
    The idea is also to prevent the execution of an Action (or display a warning) if the predecessors Actions (ingoing transitions) do not have a Status "OK".

3) The user can not change the Workflow Process, with the exception of some properties to set:
     - on the Applications associated with the Actions (path, tools settings to launch, ...),
     - on the Input Data for these Actions (file path),
     - on the "Status" output data associated with each Action.

Now my questions: to answer this need with JWT, what would be the easiest way ?
   - to allow the modification, in a WE graphical view, of certain properties only, and on specific items only,
   - to not allow creation / destruction of elements.

I think that this kind of use is not really possible via the available process simulators/engine (such as AgilPro).
Yet it seems that its implementation is much simpler, especially with the JWT framework.
My goal would be to exploit as much as possible the extension points already provided by JWT, and to change as few as possible code JWT itself.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Regards,
Christophe,
(Bordeaux, France)

Back to the top