[jwt-dev] add unique ID to meta model?

Hi all,

my collegue Benjamin files a bug for including some kind of identification mechanism for model elements in the form of a transient ID attribute (see bug 329262). The requirement behind this is to make each element of the loaded model uniquely identifiable so it can be easily tracked. Since this is probably a fairly unintrusive and easy to implement change, I'd like to ask if you would be ok with this. Basically it would boil down to adding an ID attribute to ModelElement which would not be visible (e.g. in the property view) nor be serialized into the workflow file.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Chris

Back to the top