Re: [jwt-dev] JWT build & SOA PMC meeting notes

Hi Chris

Christian Saad a écrit :
Hi Marc,

* we should update the website introductory blurb to something including
"SOA" (TLP) and "extensible", "heterogeneous" (or something like that,
I'll propose one shortly)

Great, thanks!
I'm almost there ;)

* in feature, branding, build (anywhere else ?), we should a. change
everything talking about Technology to SOA, b. update the JWT
introductory blurbs to the website introductory blurb

I think the references to technology are very limited in JWT itself so I hope this could be done quickly.
I'll let you do it then ?

* finally we should be ready to update the version

I'm not quite sure which version you're referring to
the JWT version to 1.0.0 obviously :)

* we should change the download category from General Purpose Tools to
SOA in the yearly release update site, as OK'ed by Zsolt in an email on
May the 19th

This has already been done. There is still an open bug on cross-project which I guess can now be closed.

How far are we from that ? (If we can't do it, we're not ready for 1.0.0
to be our next version number)

Right, we decided to go for graduation in Helios. If you're ok with it I'll write a mail to Anne to include this in the JWT review.
Yes please !

other things :
* review slides are due on May the 28th, I can do them if you're OK with
that

I've sent the basic review slides for Helios & IP log (sorry, seems I forgot to CC)
Great, thanks ^^

* I've commited copy/paste for aspects yesterday

Cool :)

* Is it planned to integrate with the SOA build or are we going to
keep our own build process? (which I think we could do since we don't
have dependencies to other SOA projects). In the former case, is there
already a decision who will do the releng for SOA in the future?
Depends on what's gonna be done in SOA, but a sensible thing would be to
merge builds if / when they go to Athena CBI-based build

Let's hope they have an easier time than we do atm ;)
Actually, I think it could really work once it gets past the current pack200 problem (the config is now there so the tests should run). Also, it is now set to be built on Helios RC2 dependencies.
Maybe they'll have a lot to ask you !

Regards,
Marc