[Fwd: Re: [jwt-dev] refactoring]

Hi,

You're right, it's weird anyway because it did work before, at least Mickael built it this way I guess, maybe he's got an idea ?
This is probably because CBI build is p2-based (uses p2.gathering=true property), and is more rigorous, and far better, about dependency resolution, whereas the old builder was not p2-based (standard old-school build + p2 generation on the old-school update-site).

So maybe don't change too much things yet, just enough to now whether that's the right solution or not...
I think having the same package in several bundles is indeed the cause of the problem. That's one of OSGi worst practices, so that it can be the cause of such troubles. Basically for a bundle org.eclipse.jwt.my_bundle, all classes inside of it must be in a org.eclipse.jwt.my_bundle or child package. Otherwise, it could be confusing for developers, install-time resolver (p2) and runtine resolver (Equinox).

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer

BonitaSoft - Open your processes
email : mickael.istria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore BonitaSoft will not be liable for the message if modified.

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

--- End Message ---

Back to the top