Re: [jwt-dev] Does EMF Facets have anything to do with JWT Views ?

Hi Chris

Thanks for this in depth analysis.

Well, I wasn't talking about using it, but rather maybe bring them some ideas taken from our features that they don't have, and at least we could say we're an interested party. You know, introduce ourselves to these people, tie some links, possibly as a follow up to the AOM talk, as as a prelude to another :)

Regards,
Marc

Christian Saad a écrit :
Hi Marc,

as I understood the proposal, it seems to be kind of a mixture between our aspects feature (1) and custom views on models which would be in my opinion much like views in (relational) databases, i.e. a query on the model which yields a new model. But of course I also might have gotten it wrong. Would be an interesting solution to our use case but I fear incompatible with our current implementation of aspects and creating views by modifying childsets and editparts.

Regards,
Chris

1) Extending an existing metamodel (Ecore model) in a non-intrusive way by adding new types, attributes, operations and relations. New relations could be used to compose several models by linking their elements. 2) Computing an extension by executing queries against an existing model; queries will be implemented by making use of existing query mechanisms (e.g. considering Java, ATL, EMFQuery, Xpath, etc);