[jwt-dev] Re: WE (Workflow Editor)

Hi Alan

First, a warm welcome to the JWT forum.

Being able to model custom business or techical information in workflows one of the goals of JWT's flexibility.

Have a look at JWT's aspect-like metamodel extension mechanism :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Metamodel_Extension

Or on the slides we showed about it at Eclipse Summit last Autumn at
http://www.slideshare.net/mdutoo/eclipse-summit-2009-aspect-oriented-modeling

It provides various ways of doing it, including a simple, no-code one involving builtin all-around properties :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Metamodel_Extension#Setting_up_simple_.28key-value.29_additional_model_extensions
As exemplified on the CVS at org.eclipse.jwt/we/jwt-we-plugins in
jwt-we-conf-property-model/samples .

That should get you runnning.

And if you like what you see but want more, you'll be able to also really model (in your custom EMF metamodel) your metamodel aspect-like extension, but also to develop entirely custom views for it thanks to the new views mechanism !

Best regards,
Marc Dutoo
Open Wide
Eclipse JWT co-leader

alan.j.flowers@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
I'm new to this and I found this project today. Not sure if this is possible but I would like to extend the Workflow Editor to store certain information associated to the process definition in Oracle tables.

I'm only interested in using the WE for this purpose (not any workflow engine).

Thanks.

Back to the top