Re: [jwt-dev] Re: WG: WG: Your input needed for Galileo article on IBM developerWorks

Hi Florian, all

Yours is very good, because it shows how we have a different approache than the existing BPMN editor.

Mickaël, I really like your picture ^^

I'll write more tomorrow, for now some suggestions :

"When modeling Business Processes, ..."
because it adds the word BP (I'd even prefer BPM), which further underlines we rather target business workflows and their platforms

"In 2009, we've focused on adding compatibility with well-known business process runtimes like Bonita and jBPM, and integrated service oriented (SOA) features in collaboration with the STP project." Because it gives this N&N feeling Chris talks about. We could even merge with your "export to execute" bit, which would also tell that we did the modeler first (which component is most interesting in the eclipse and BPMN perspective).

More things we could talk about :
keywords : BPMN !!, XPDL, UML AD, EPC, BPEL, SOA, SCA, WS, RMI, jPDL
ecosystem : STP BPMN, IM, SCA ; OW2 Scarbo, Bonita ; sf.net AgilPro ; jBoss jBPM In your blurb, I'd say rather mention supported views, than just talking about how we can have many, same for engines. We should talk about _STP_ BPMN, so we do both in one breath. And some words showing the breadth of our ecosystem would be nice.

Finally "however, you can always write your own export transformation if you want to target other engines" would be nice, maybe merged with the "for vendors" talk

NB. I'm thinking of the website at the same time !

Regards,
Marc

Mickael Istria a écrit :
Oops sorry, I replied to the wrong mail ;)
Here is the same mail but with the matching topic

Mickael Istria a écrit :
Hi all,

I also like the description. Maybe we should send it as it is now to DevelopersWork a few days before the deadline, asking the publisher to tell us if he feels that some things need to be improved. About the picture, we could provide not only one screenshot but a picture that is made of several screenshots (show 2 views and import or export wizard for example). Then it will show more features and will probably be more attractive for people to take a deeper look at it and at JWT. You can find attached an example (or a proposal) for such kind of picture. Your opinions are welcome!

Mickael