Re: AW: AW: [jwt-dev] Galileo project review

Hi Mickaël

Great summary, you make it feel like it is all in control :) Looking forward to next steps !

Regards,
Marc

Mickael Istria a écrit :
Hi all,

I've already read the Final Daze page and here is how things will happen for JWT: * Once RC5 is released and tested (by the end of next week), I'll kick the Final JWT 0.6 build, that we'll secretly keep in a galileo-update-site, keeping the old 0.5 release in the release update-site. (This is the "Prepare Release offline" part). Please note that the main JWT update will be inconsistent for a dozen of minutes. * On Monday 6/22, I'll replace JWT contribution to Galileo to link to this "hidden" galileo update site.
* ...Galileo update sites and packages will be built...
* On Tuesday 6/23, I'll promote the hidden build as the release build, simply by moving it to http://download.eclipse.org/technology/jwt/update-site
* On Wednesday 6/24, we'll be allowed to announce the new release.

By the way it is currently time to promote help to Galileo. But this does not apply to JWT since we currently don't have written contributions to Info Center (See http://bugs.eclipse.org/271869).

I'll keep you updated at each step!

Mickael

Marc Dutoo a écrit :
Hi all

It sure sounded like it :)

About the documentation thing : having read the meeting notes at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/June_03_2009 , I guess what they meant was http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo/Final_Daze . Please read it and "execute accordingly". Mickael, I guess you'll again be the one with the most to do, but be sure we'll be ready to answer your call if needed !

BTW Mickaël, once you've read it, can you confirm as the release engineer that it should not be much to do ?

Regards,
Marc

Christian Saad a écrit :
Hi all,

yeah, nothing can stop us now ;)

Probably some more people tried to share victory drinks over the phone line
which would explain the bad connection somehow.

Regards,
Chris

PS: Didn't quite get the documentation thing!?