Re: AW: AW: [jwt-dev] problem in the WE

Hi Chris

I knew that you knew but had to say it nonetheless ;)

I believe org.eclipse.ui is bad because it is an eclipse dependency that can't be provided at runtime to a standalone EMF jar.

The conf-model has been rewritten to be independent of JWT so it should stay separate.

However, jwt-we-conf-model.we could be merged with the JWT editor code () because it is basically extensions to the JWT WE built using the conf-model and its UI helpers. Though that would mean JWT could no longer be used without aspects and those extensions, which could maybe be a problem for old use cases - such as AgilPro ? at least it'd be a request of you guys that it'd be separate. So all in all I'd say it's better for jwt-we-conf-model.we to also stay separate.

Regards,
Marc

Christian Saad a écrit :
Hi Marc,

of course you're right, an uncomfortable feeling in the workspace does not
justify changing the architecture of the project ;) This was just to
illustrate that there might be an issue.
I also totally agree with your preconditions that must be fulfilled in order
to merge. Because of this I tried to keep the JWT metamodel as separate as
possible. It has only dependencies on
 org.eclipse.core.resources, org.eclipse.ui, org.eclipse.emf.common,
org.eclipse.emf.ecore, org.eclipse.emf.edit,  org.eclipse.emf.common.ui,

additional functionality like icons and visibility may be injected from the
outside.

Of course I can't be sure if merging would be really a good idea, especially
since you guys are the ones who are the experts on the conf-model and are
familiar with the use cases.

Regards,
Chris