Re: [jwt-dev] problem in the WE

Hi Christian,

just a quick question: I’ve got a problem running the HEAD version of the WE because of an error in the plugin.xml: It complains that the dnd extension point cannot be found. Do you have this problem too or did I mess something up?

I don't have such problem...

In a completely different matter, I’m currently wondering, since WE now depends on the conf and property plugins, if we could combine them into one or two plugins (throw together model and edit code and maybe even properties and conf if they’re needed anyway) as to prevent the separation into too many single plugins. I don’t know about you but I always get confused with too many projects in my workspace ;) Also it could simplify the version management in the future and clear up the CVS a bit. What’s you opinion?

If we merge model and edit code, there will be one day where we will have to go back and separate them, just as it is now happening for WE metamodel. I'm however in favor of merging conf and property, since they are actually the same feature, and than someone who consumes aspects must consume both. For sure it will be easier for us to develop with less plugins, but it will be more difficult for extenders to consume JWT. Then, we have to be careful about such huge refactorings. Moreover, models are part of our APIs, which means that we must do everything necessary to avoid their (APIs and containment plugins) version to change. IMHO, version management will be more difficult if we merge plugins and if we create unjustified coupling.

Best regards,
Mickael

Back to the top