Von: jwt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jwt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Christian Saad
Gesendet: 30 April 2009 11:51
An: 'Java Workflow Toolbox'
Betreff: AW: [jwt-dev] Upcoming BPMN2 standard

Hi all,

as Florian pointed out, BPMN2 does include an interesting concept for managing the visual representation named Diagram Interchange which is not too different from our own new view concept. It can be found on pages 370ff. DI consists of a view meta-model that references the elements in the domain meta-model.

Their View concept corresponds basically to our GraphicalElement. I’ve found two features that may also be helpful in our context:

1. Bendpoints for edges (allow to manually change the routing of edges)

2. Custom styles: It is possible to store an arbitrary number of name/value entries for each object in each view that can be accessed freely. Maybe helpful if e.g. Swimlane view (or others) requires properties additional to x/y/width/height

Also, they define the syntax of their views using a ViewDefinition but I think this would be overkill for what we actually need.

Regards,

Chris