Re: [jwt-dev] JWT Project plan

Hi Florian

0.6 was to meant be "for integrators" (extensibility like aspects...), and 0.7 "SOA" (calling webservices...).

Sure jBoss and Bull's roadmap have been delayed. But Scarbo builds on JWT on both accounts. I guess the reason we didn't *need* a release is because the build process now makes it really easy to build and use stable builds (thanks Mickaël ;). Though the reason we'd *want* more releases is to get spoken of more ;)

But right now 0.6 being Galileo is OK with me. I guess it should need a release review, but I don't know actually. I'll ask right now to Anne.

Regards,
Marc

Florian Lautenbacher a écrit :
Hi guys,
I just realized that our current project plan (visible at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.jwt) shows that we have a tentative 0.6 release out *yesterday*. When we worked on that project plan, we had the Bull and JBoss release in mind that wanted to build on JWT which is why we wanted to have a release prior to Galileo they can use. As JBoss won't build upon JWT for their release this year (but probably next year) and there are some restructurings at Bull, this necessity is not the case anymore. So I would like to discuss with you, how we shall adapt the current project plan: do we want to have another JWT release prior to Galileo or shall the Galileo release be our next one (then with version 0.6)? Version 0.7 is currently planned for 13th of July which wouldn't make sense with a 0.6 together with Galileo at the end of June. As we discussed with our mentor John and the technology PMC Wayne, it would make sense to have a graduation release sometime after Galileo, probably in autumn or beginning of winter 2009 (once the community is getting bigger which we are on a good way in my opinion). My idea now would be to focus on the Galileo release at the moment which would then be version 0.6.0 (we need to create some release slides and all other information material for Galileo nevertheless, don't we?) and either have another 0.7 in autumn or already a 1.0. What do you think about this? John, any advice from your side here? Have a nice weekend and best regards, Florian