AW: [jwt-dev] Feedback on GMF analysis

Hi Pierre,

thanks for your feedback. It provides some valuable insight into the current
development status of the GMF project. Indeed, it seems that as the GMF
environment becomes more stable its popularity has increased quite a bit but
as you have pointed out, it is probably still very difficult for someone who
is completely new to the EMF/GEF world to create a graphical editor from
scratch.
The separation of model and view data is a very important feature in GMF and
we're currently working on doing this in JWT, also separating the meta model
completely from the editor.

It would be interesting to do a comparison between features that are
automatically provided by GMF with JWT's features. As mentioned, I'm not
quite up-to-date with GMF but considering the work done in the last I hope
we're doing quite well. But you are right, we need to make sure we have the
features that convince people to use JWT instead of creating their own
editor. A swimlane view would be a nice example for as far as I know, this
doesn't come with GMF ;)

Regards,
Chris