[jwt-dev] Summary Telco STP

Hi there,

this morning the STP project again had a telco. Besides talking about their tutorial at EclipseCon and concerns about their website (switch to Nova, etc.), we talked also about the collaboration between JWT and STP.

Jerry had the possibility to look at the wiki page, but still was unsure where exactly JWT would fit in STP since they already have their BPMN editor. I then explained the purpose of JWT, the extension points we currently have (different views, aspects, etc.) and that in our opinion we are a natural candidate for somebody who wants to execute their process not only on a BPEL engine, but also maybe on an XPDL engine and that we provide the possibility for vendors to adapt our workflow editor with these extensions (type-safe!) that they need.
Jerry asked us to provide some more links that one should read when being new to JWT. I think that is definitely a point we should work on (on the website), but also told him that in the near future we will have some slides (for EclipseCon, Eclipse Forum Europe) that explain what to achieve with JWT and where the benefits are in using our tools.

Best regards and have a nice weekend to all of you,

Florian

 Dipl.-Inf. Florian Lautenbacher

 Programming Distributed Systems Lab
 Institute of Computer Science