Re: [jwt-dev] Google Summer of Code

Hi Florian

Nice, however on Open Wide's side (and I guess any not big company), the real problem is to get interns rather than money !

Though if you have some students of your own, I'd be more than happy to propose ideas that will help JWT become a more complete and polished product ^^ Ex. Extensible validation mechanism using STP's basis, Deployment and even debug tools in Eclipse, UI-configurable ATL transformation using your ATL-based converter or maybe its use to import Visio also thanks POI libs...

Or do you think that putting ideas there will help finding students ?

Regards,
Marc

Florian Lautenbacher a écrit :
Hi all,
somewhere in the near future the deadline for the Google SoC program ends. Therefore, it is already possible to specify some details about work items that one would like to have and possibly to mentor. I already added one idea for the extension of the JWT view editor for aspects and conf-files. If you can think of any other things and maybe would like to mentor it, feel free to add it to the same page, too: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009_Ideas#Ideas If the idea is chosen and you find a student that would like to work on this topic, then the student gets a reward of $ 4,500. Alas, you don't get anything from the funding ($ 500 go to the Eclipse Foundation), but you will get some (hopefully good-quality) code! So this should be enough motivation for both parties (students and mentors) to work on this together. Last year there had been about 20 proposals and nearly all of them were funded by Google (only two students who stopped working didn't receive the money) - at least they said so at last years Eclipse Summit Europe. Best regards, Florian