Re: [jwt-dev] About workflow integration with JWT

Hello Pablo, hello all,

First of all, I prefer telling you now that the monitoring part of JWT os still a DRAFT, so that it is not intended to be used as it is now. It is currently a simple TreeTableViewer that displays the value of the workflow variables (ie the process state). There is some work that will be done on it within next monthes (with the end of SCorWare, the beginning of Scarbo@OW2 and Bull's contribution)

 For more detais, please take a look at the wiki page http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Monitoring. It contains some information, but some part of the architecture has been changed since the last update of this page (for example jwt-runtime-api has been put out of jwt-monitoring). jwt-monitoring  is build on jwt-runtime-api, that actually contains beans that can be interpreted as a "metamodel of process state" and the interface WorkflowService that contains the list of basic operations necessary to use the monitoring plugin.

Thus, to be able to use this plugin with Shark, here is what you might do:
1. Implement the WorkflowService (locally inside Eclipse or remotely beside of Shark) so that it will give you the ability to get processes states.
2. Implement in an Eclipse plugin (that depends on jwt-runtime-api and jwt-monitoring) the WorkflowServiceProvider. If you have implemented WorkflowService inside of your plugin, simplycreate an instance in your provider. If you implemented the WorkflowService as a remote stateless service (such as a WebService), your WorkflowServiceProvider may create a proxy to this service... (that's where we've been using SCorWare or CXF, but this is just an implementation choice, jwt-monitoring is not at all linked directly to them)
3. Add your WorkflowServiceProvider to the extension point defined in jwt-monitoring

>From here, it should be OK, but the basic UI that is currently used may not fit your needs.

You'll understand that most of the work is still to be done (improve the WorkflowService, improve view, improve dialogs...). As I said an effort will be done on it for the next few months. If you are interested in contributing and helping JWT to fullfil its objective "to provide a complete, flexible, interoperable Business Process Management platform", your knowledge of Shark and YAPRO would be very welcome!

Since I'm currently on holiday, I won't be able to help you more than that until the 5th of January. I hope it is enough for you to go ahead!

Regards

Mickael