Re: [jwt-dev] Eclipse Babel

Eclipse in Japanese, in Chinese, in Russian... That's soooooo cool ^^

Florian, my hats off to you. You pulled this out without me even winking.

Regards,
Marc

Florian Lautenbacher a écrit :
Hi all,
this is just to let you know that our plugins are currently translated into other languages such as Russian or Chinese. As you can read on their newsforum [1] we can soon download their weekly language builds from [2] in order to get some more language packs that we can then integrate into our plugins. The current translations that already happened can be seen on [3] (applying the filter to technology.jwt 0.5.0). Best regards, Florian [1] http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=263&group=eclipse.technology.babel#263 <http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=263&group=eclipse.technology.babel#263>
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php
[3] http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/recent.php
I've updated the FOR COMMITTERS page on the staging area by adding the possibility of assigning a project to a specific release train (thereby adding it to the update site build process) and I've added a "Committers Checklist" with some instructions.

http://babel.eclipse.org/staging/map_files.php

These changes will be pushed to the live Babel site shortly.

Thanks again for your insight!

Denis

Denis Roy wrote:

    Hi Florian,

    Welcome to the world of Babel.  You have definitely pointed out
    some deficiencies with our documentation.

    Once a project adds map files, someone on the Babel team needs to
    associate your project with a specific release train (Ganymede,
    Galileo, Europa) because we produce one update site for each
    train. Even if your project does not participate in the trains,
    chances are your project is specifically targetting one of those
    versions.

    I have associated technology.jwt 0.5.0 -> Ganymede.  If this is
    incorrect, just let me know.

    Now that the association is done, JWT translations will be part of
    our nightly build starting tonight, and part of our weekly build
    starting next Sunday.  You can visit the Babel downloads page for
    the links:

        http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php

     From there, you can tell your JWT community to download the Babel
    language packs from the Babel update site, or you can download the
    JWT-related fragments, package them up yourself and put them up
    for download.

    I will update our documentation to outline this process much better.

    Denis

    Florian Lautenbacher wrote:

        Hi there,

        Sorry for this newby question:

        I am looking for a URL to a page (probably on your wiki) that
        describes how the Babel process works. As project lead of
        technology.jwt I recently added our map-files to Babel and
        have seen that already some translations happened for our
        project. How does the process now go on? Will we receive
        additional .properties files or what are we supposed to do in
        order to make use of your translations and support Babel better?
        I have been looking on your website, but didn't find anything
        how the process for committers or project-leads exactly works.
        It might be good to add a link on your start page to such a
        FAQ (which I am sure somewhere exists, but which I simply
        didn't find).

        Thanks in advance and best regards,

        Florian