[jwt-dev] Building and/or releasing JWT

Hi all,

I've been working on the automated build of JWT and made some improvements.

First, as it is the case in most of "one feature" projects, JWT now has 3 update sites: * http://download.eclipse.org/technology/jwt/update-site is the update-site that contains *the current release of JWT* * http://download.eclipse.org/technology/jwt/integration-update-site is the update-site the could contain *any development or nightly build of JWT*. Contents of this update-site should only be used by JWT contributors for testing. * http://download.eclipse.org/technology/jwt/stable-update-site is the update-site for stable development build, and also for *Galileo milestones

*Anyone who has access to build.eclipse.org can now start a build of cvs HEAD by typing from JWT home folder "./build.sh [buildType]" where build type is I (default), S or R, respectively for integration, stable or release build. This script will start the whole build process (including signing and p2 metadata generation) and update the update-site for the specified build type.

Note that the PDE build process supports unit testing. I've read about several Eclipse projects that used a continuous integration tool (such as cruise, continuum or hudson) to monitor their builds and test results. I'll try to find out if one of these solutions is fine for JWT.

If you want to build locally JWT, simply checkout the org.eclipse.jwt/releng CVS module and write a script that starts the build with your local configuration (please *do not modify build.sh or build.properties*, that are build.eclipse.org files). See build.mistria.openwide.sh for example.

I updated the wiki page about release engineering with this informations. => http://wiki.eclipse.org/JWT_Automatic_Build

Regards,
Mickael

Back to the top