[jwt-dev] viewpositions

Hi all,

to give some concrete examples in which way the support for multiple view positions/dimensions could go, I’ve made a quick draft of the wizard that would be displayed once a user uses a view for the first time (and can be called manually afterwards). The user can select

a) Import dimensions/positions from another (default?) view

b) Select a group of views and a view that serves as initial source. Any changes on one of the view will be altered on the other views of the group as well

c) Use a layouting algorithm to create the initial positions of the elements

A question that remains is, whether the synchronization should be specific to the workflow (stored in the workflow file) or specific to the workbench (stored in the workbench preferences).

Since the workflow files will be incompatible with the new format until the metamodel changes are final and the converter has been implemented, I created a new branch on the CVS for this implementation.

The next steps are now:

* Make the metamodel changes

* Put viewdata in its own file (as Marc mentioned, we can profit here from his implementation in the aspects)

* Update code to fit changes

* Implement and integrate converter for old files

* Integrate Layouting algorithms (possibly from the GEF Zest project)

Comments welcome :)

Regards,

Chris