Von: jwt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jwt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Christian Saad
Gesendet: 09 December 2008 14:23
An: 'Java Workflow Toolbox'
Betreff: [jwt-dev] new view implementation

Hi all,

as you may already know, the current view concept in JWT is scheduled for reimplementation, since 1. it is not powerful enough to meet the new demands and 2. the implementation has become quite confusing over time. In the past weeks we’ve collected many new requirements (see Bugs 238259, 238259, 248565, 250897, 251662, 257403) and I’d like to begin working on these somewhere in the next days. To get an overview for the community, I’ve summarized the given requirements and suggested implementations. Please feel free to make comments, suggestions, corrections…

A view controls:

1. Visibility: Determines if an element is visible under the given view (affects graphical editor, standard palette, outline)

2. Naming: The names and descriptions of views (multilang) and the icons shown in the palette (currently read from plugin.properties)

3. Figures: The graphical representation of the elements (one default figure per element, multiple alternative figures)

4. Palette: A custom implementation of the palette

View configuration contains:

1. View Meta Data: View Name (multilang), Version, Internal ID, View Icon

2. Configuration: Visibility, Naming, Figures, Palette

Implementation:

* Configuration through an XML file (extension *.view, not compatible with current *.view files)

* View configuration file is registered using an extension point

* Concrete files (Java implementations of Figures and Palette, Icon files) are registered through an “resource” extension point, where they are given a unique ID. The *.view file refers only to these IDs

Additional view-related issues:

* Support different element positions/sizes in different views (requires modification of the meta model)

* Support bend-points for edges (requires modification of the meta model)

* Store view-related information (position/size/icon/References/ReferenceEdges) in an external file

* Put default views (business & technical) in a separate plugin (requires that jwt-we can run without a loaded view)

Views and aspects:

* Four possible implementations (at the moment):

1. Always display everything which is added by aspects

2.Setting a default behavior per view (display aspects or hide aspects)

3. Create ONE view file for an aspect that complements the main view chosen by the user

4. Create MULTIPLE view files for an aspect (the user chooses: 1 view for standard elements, 1 view for aspect related elements)

Regards,

Chris

Back to the top