Re: [jwt-dev] Automatic JWT build

Hi guys,

I spent some time last night to get the automated build (of CVS HEAD)
working, and after some tries, I'm glad to announce you that it works on my
Ubuntu laptop!
I also replaced the jdom.jar with link to the Orbit jdom plugin. Yo be able
to work with it in your wrkspace, simply checkout the following:
* host: dev.eclipse.org
* repository: /cvsroot/tools
* module:  org.eclipse.orbit/org.jdom
* Tag:  v200806100616 (Version)

To try the build, you just have to follow the steps I detailed you in my
last mail (ie check out "releng", cusomize build.sh and build.properties
with your local path, and run build.sh).

Florian, could you please try this build on dev.eclipse.org to ensure it is
ok? You'll probably need to get infos from our mentor or PMC to know which
path we should use for eclipse runtime and target build directory.
In the future, we should also provide a better "MMI" to invoke this build,
in order to be able to customize the build easily (choosing type of release
-I, M, R- and its name...).
We should also have a brainstorming to find the best way to manage our
several release (one "releng" project per version, or only one mapFile per
Version, or a version of map file per version...) but this is not a
priority for the moment.
As I said in the last mail, we can also add "postBuild" ant tasks to
automatically sign the jars, and in case of a release, put it on the update
site (the Eclipse SOC project we took for example has tasks to do it, I
simply commented them in the customTargets.xml, but I don't know what we
have to change in order to get them working for JWT).

Next step for Galileo ar to test this build on Eclipse server, and to
automatically sign jars.

Regards,
Mickael

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:38:53 +0100, Mickael Istria
<mickael.istria@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Florian, all,
>
> I succeeded to go ahead with automated build, and it was not so easy...
>
> Some clues that solved our issues:
> * Actually, feature automated build needs only a customTargets.xml and a
> build.properties
> * The build.xml to use is the one provided by PDE builder (that's why we
> had troubles this morning)
> * Thus, I copied and simplified org.eclipse.sco.releng contents. Some
> other code may be interesting later in this project, for instance the
> automatic synchronization with update site for release builds, but we
> could alse imagine a lot of nice things, such as an automatic update of
> the JWT page at Eclipse.org at each release build, or reports for each
> integration build...
> * After that, most of issues I met were due to naming confusion (between
> folders, projects...)
> * I succeeded to get the build automatically fetch features and plugins
> and build them... but ...
>
> However,
> * I face a problem probably due to versioning: indeed in the
> jwt-we-feature (org.eclipse.jwt_feature), all plugins are have version
> "0.5.0" in feature.xml. Thus the PDE build, which seems to introspect
> the feature.xml file, requests the org.eclipse.jwt.transformations_0_5_0
> plugin. But this plugn does not exist...
>
> Here is the trace I got (after successful fetching and building of
> jwt-we and co...):

/home/mistria/ganymede-rc4/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.4.0.v20080604/templates/headless-build/allElements.xml:16:

> The following error occurred while executing this line:

/home/mistria/ganymede-rc4/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.4.0.v20080604/scripts/genericTargets.xml:88: