[jwt-dev] Back again, flying over the emails

Hi there,

as I'm back from vacation now, I'm trying to read through all the emails that have been written during the last weeks concerning JWT. If you are waiting for a reply to your email, please just wait a few days more and I'll answer asap.

I'm happy to see that finally the release 0.5 has been finished and can now be uploaded to the website. So we can now focus on release 0.6 which will fully focus on vendors and  how they can extend and modify the workflow editor. This release is currently planned for the middle of December; let's keep the fingers crossed that we can hold this deadline.

Since the Eclipse Summit Europe is already in two weeks, I hope to see many of you guys to discuss topics concerning JWT. As I've seen on the STP-mailing list, the committers from STP plan to have a meeting in advance on the 18th. I will also be coming to Ludwigsburg on the 18th already, so I hope to join the STP meeting together with some others from JWT mabe. Who of you is planning to be there and from when to when? (I'm there from 18th lunch till 20th till the end of the conference).

I've also seen a lot of emails concerning CQs: thanks to Mickael and Chris who finally found out when a CQ is needed and when not. The last time I'd contacted Sharon, I got the impression that every time a new component is added to JWT (doesn't matter whether written by committers during the project or not), we need a CQ. It is good to know that this is not the case and especially the small extensions we've written for transformations, views, etc. can easily be committed. Sorry for the confusion that arose from this impression!

Thanks, Marc, for creating a Wiki page for the discussion how JWT and STP might belong together and where the differences are. I'll try to fill this page with more life in the next few days.

The requirements specified by Pierre are also very fruitful for our planning for the next releases. I will go through the list of requirements and will discuss with others what we will be able to do and till when and integrate these issues into our project plan as well as create bug entries for each of those.

There have also been many other discussions (e.g. with JBoss) which I would like to get to know in more detail, so I guess a phone conference would be a good thing in this or the coming week. Marc, what about your availability in the next few days?

Best regards,

Florian

---------------------------------------
 Dipl.-Inf. Florian Lautenbacher