[jwt-dev] AW: Yearly release train

Hi all,

we are currently discussing about whether it is possible to integrate our
project into the yearly release train and be part of Galileo 2009:

Marc, thanks for searching for the Galileo requirements. Wow, they are very
time consuming I guess. And it will need the consideration of several new
systems that we didn't use yet (maybe Buckminster, the creation of
.sc-files, using only MANIFEST.MF instead of plugin.xml, Pack200, Signing
the plugins, etc.).

I now subscribed to the cross-project.inbox-mailing list and will be
interested what other projects will write there. The several milestones and
releases that are listed on the website are the thing that threatens me
most: will we need to have all these milestones, too? Or will it be okay, as
Marc supposed to have a release before December and then finally working on
the last release at the end of June 2009?

I guess having a luck at all bugs is a good thing, but I wouldn't do it on a
wiki page, since this one will after a while will be outdated. Instead we
should use bugzilla for those things I guess: there you can also estimate
how many time a bug will take to be fixed, etc.

How the different versions for Ganymede and Galileo can be achieved is also
unclear to me: especially if we find a bug that is important to be fixed
also for Ganymede, does this one then need to be fixed twice?

Perhaps somebody else has any idea about that...

Best regards,

Florian