[jwt-dev] Eclipse Summit Europe CFPDeadline Sep. 1

Hi folks,

as Lynn has written the deadline for a presentation at Eclipse Summit Europe is already next Monday. Since we had planned to attend this conference and present something (see my email from 10th of June), please find below a first version of a summary for this presentation. The proposed storyline for a "New & Noteworthy Talk" was
  • Model-driven development starting with the Eclipse BPMN-editor,
  • Transforming a BPMN-model into JWT, (Comment: Since we only have the transformation the other way round for the moment, we won't be able to present these parts)
  • Enriching the JWT-model with technical details,
  • Simulating the JWT-model,
  • Generating XPDL code.
  • Additionally, we describe the various components that have been developed or are currently developed in the context of JWT:
  • e.g. Metamodel extension, JWT Monitoring, additional transformations such as JWT 2 STP-IM, etc.

So we might send them a summary such as (see also http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Summit_2008#Submitted_abstract)

Title: Managing Processes and Workflows with JWT

Content: Business Process Management has gained a lot of attention during the last years. There is now a huge amount of commercial and open-source-software tools available that allow to model, deploy, execute and monitor a workflow. However, most of the current open-source-workflow tools are still incompatible. In the Eclipse-project Java Workflow Tooling (JWT) we build a set of tools that enable users to model a workflow independently of the workflow engine first and add engine-specific details based on plugin extensions lateron. The workflow builds the basis for generating XPDL or BPEL-code in the next step which can then be deployed and executed on a workflow engine such as Bonita. We will also show the possibility to monitor the workflow on the workflow engine as well as our integration with the Eclipse STP project (e.g. by generating code for the STP-Intermediate Model) and SOA more generally.

That's my first draft, any comments are welcome. Who would like to assist me in presenting JWT at ESE2008 as well as in preparing the presentation and demo?

Best regards,

Florian